Hi everyone! Today I thought I would give you a little peek into my daily routine. What I use every day is inexpensive and far from fancy. While I love all of the new serums and cosmetics out there, I try to keep my day-to-day routine super simple, especially in the winter when my skin is dry and sensitive. I think that all of the information available about cosmetics and beauty products can make things really confusing. There is 1,000 products out there to solve a beauty problem you didn’t even know existed. So I thought I would share with you my tried and true favorites that have worked for me.
- Ponds cold cream- I use it every night before bed and every morning before I apply my makeup in the winter when my skin is super dry. It also works as a great makeup remover especially around my eyes where my skin is super sensitive.
- Tea tree oil- I was always a skeptic of essential oils, until I had a stubborn infected nose piercing that just wouldn’t heal. A little drop of this on a Q-Tip before bed and my redness and soreness went away within days. Now I also use it as a spot treatment for pimples and add a few drops to a hot bath to help clear my sinuses if I have a cold. I bought this bottle from an essential oil retailer on Etsy, but you can usually find it in the natural care section of supermarkets and drugstores.
- Beauty blender sponge- I purchased this at Khols after I have heard a lot of good things about them. I find that it makes my morning routine a little quicker. It does a great job blending my foundation out for a more light coverage. I use the wide part for my foundation and the pointed tip for my cream blush.
- ELF primer- I have been using primer for years, but bought this brand on Black Friday when they were having a site-wide 50% off sale, making this bottle only a few dollars. The texture is creamy and I think it works just as well as the more expensive brands.
- They’re Real! mascara- I got this in a gift bag for Christmas, and thank god because my little sample bottle from a month ago is just about out. I don’t use this every day, but it is a weekend staple for me. The wand really lifts and separates each lash and this stuff doesn’t budge.
Do you use any of these products? Or do you have other beauty basics that you love?
Your’s truly- M